You can skate all day!

Today is your day Boomer!  I mentioned winter hiking in my opening blog yesterday, but didn't go into any detail.  Now if I may, I'd like to emphasize early December in the South Okanagan.  My hiking buddy and I have made a few trips at this time of year to the Oliver area just before the snow flies and the temperature is crisp.  The trails are open and few people are about.  Some shady spots are icy and some sunny spots are muddy, but what is really "cool" is the lakes.  The small back country ponds/small lakes are icing up quickly and they have no snow!  They are usually shallow, so that means the ice gets thicker.....quicker!  You know what that means?  Bring your skates in a backpack as part of your hike!  Yes, a hockey stick and puck are optional.....but a lunch and warm gloves and a touque are not!  Just test the ice first......no falling into cold water a long ways from the parking lot and your vehicle. Have fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog