Today is your day Boomer! The summer's first big heat wave is upon us and many Boomers are hitting the beach or travelling to their summer cabins. Yup, many Boomers, like me, completely or partially own cottages on lakes or ocean...we often have the money to invest, many of us are retired, and many received their property from their deceased parents. But there is a new kid on the block....the Gen Xers have taken over real estate demand for cabins. They are the age 43-58 group that is well-established in career, saving money, and looking forward to retirement. According to the Financial Post this "other" generation has replaced Boomers "and are behind 91 per cent of transactions." Wow....and the survey adds our generation has about one trillion dollars to pass down to our children! So, why cottage investment? The survey says "escape from the stress of urban life" is a main factor. I can understand that. I just spent 5 days at our cabin; that is my leg, my dock, and my lake in this picture. And a good time was had by all! Happy summer Boomers!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog