Today is your day Boomer! I love it when I see stories like this in the media. Local weatherman predicts we have "turned the corner" on winter! It is only late January, so optimist as I am, this makes me feel great for Boomers! Many of us are stuck in houses, condos, and RVs during this long, COVID winter......and if you are following the rules of our provincial health officer, we are staying mostly isolated. This means you can be active like skiing(see picture), but it also means the end is in sight. An early spring is a strong possibility; that means you can golf and ski on the same day during Spring Break and anticipate seeing some new greenery during a stark time of brown! But do you trust these weather forecasters? I do. I had a friend who did this for a living and he explained all the technology and collaboration behind their predictions; plus, I also follow the weather forecasting every day because I am an "outside" active person and I can tell you it is pretty accurate! So, don't worry...be happy. Winter is almost gone and that is awesome for Boomers! Cheers!
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment