Today is your day Boomer! And of course today is Family Day! This is really important for Boomers because many of us came from large families. The fertility rate for women in Canada in 1960 was about four; this is reflected in this picture of me and my siblings (six of us!).....all born in the 1950s and early 1960s. Same with my wife's family, with four children in the home. I know another Boomer family that, I think, had 10 kids! This meant lots of BIG family gatherings on special days; I remember hosting 22 people on a Christmas one year when I was young. Today, the birth rate is now 1.5 as more and more couples choose career over multiple children. This means we cannot replace dying seniors with Canadian-born children; we have to look to immigration to fulfill that need. But there is one thing I know; my wife and I still value family. We had three kids.....which is something to celebrate.....especially on a day like this. Enjoy your family time. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog