Today is your day Boomer! I miss my Dad. It is hard to visit a 90-year-old senior during this difficult time of COVID. He is sticking very close to home, as am I, and we are about a four-hour drive apart over some very snowy, mountain highways. But......we have discovered "Bridge Base", which is a free, on-line card game that now connects me, my Dad, and my two brothers twice a week. We play with two computers in front of us; one is for the actual bridge game and one is for Facebook Messenger so we can see and talk back and forth to one another! It is like being there in-person and we always leave time for socialization before and after the games. My Dad thanks us all the time. Bridge is his passion; it keeps him active, thinking, and purposeful and he can pass along words of wisdom and strategy to his three sons. For me, it is a great connection and I have extended it to my four Boomer friends, so.....we play bridge virtually too! Boomers, you can do this for almost any game! Give it a try. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog