Today is your day Boomer! Try new things....again! That is my advice today as I reflect on my first snowshoe experience of the winter. I went out on the weekend with my wife and friends(physically distanced with no social gatherings before or after) and had a fabulous time! There was no snow at my house, but just a 20 minute drive away was fluffy powder about a foot deep. We did a mountain route through trees, along a craggy ravine, in full sunshine, with our dogs bounding happily in the snow. We had a small snack lunch break halfway along and just revelled in our wonderful outdoor experience! Hiking on snowshoes is great because you can be a leader or follower. Leading means you exert more energy by breaking trail; following means you get to walk in more-packed snow in others' footsteps. Both are fun and you should try both for the complete experience! And hats off to my one friend who broke a snowshoe, but still hiked with us the rest of the way with a great attitude! And that's what it's all about Boomers.....attitude. Stay active, get outside, lift your spirits, and enjoy the waning days of winter. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog