Today is your day Boomer! We, Boomers, get blamed for alot of things. Overpopulation, global warming, liberalization of society...just name a few. We even get blamed for Donald Trump....who barely qualifies as a Baby Boomer at age 74. Then there is this. A website-sciencea2z.com-is now blaming us for what it calls "poor food habits". Their list is long and includes things like ketchup, tv dinners, meatloaf, cornflakes, canned soup, meat and potatoes, processed cheese, boiled vegetables, pop, paper napkins, and white toast. They say many of these food products are bad for you and make eating bland and unappealing. What? These are some of my favourite foods! Imagine french fries without ketchup or a grilled cheese sandwich without a nice hot cup of Campbells Tomato Soup? I can't believe this. What a pile of baloney......oops, maybe we'll get blamed for that sandwich meat too! Oh well, we can take the heat. Cheers and good eating!
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment