Today is your day Boomer! Well, I did it.....I mean, we did it. My wife and I finally bit the bullet and applied for my Canada Pension Plan yesterday! It's a tough decision because there are a million internet articles telling us to take it at various times from ages 60-75. I am almost 63 and will receive about a thousand dollars a month minus taxes, but it was something I wrote on this blog this week that really got me thinking. The average age of death in Canada is about 82; that means I may have only 20 more years to live! It never really hit me before. Also, my family has a history of both cancer and heart disease. And, I've already had one heart surgery with another one (valve replacement) scheduled for possibly next year. So, why not take my CPP early and live a little? Once COVID is over, we can maybe take two trips a year instead of one and enjoy our last few decades. My wife can also take over my CPP with survivor benefits. Makes sense. A Boomer wakeup call. Cheers and here's to life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog