Today is your day Boomer! What about a traditional day? I mean, food wise. Yesterday, we snacked on Superbowl goodies like wings and nachos....but is it time for a good ol' meat and potatoes dinner? Look at this picture from a recent meal in my house and tell me if it doesn't look good. I know, I know.....more and more Boomers are transitioning to vegetarian for health reasons, but once in a while how about roast beef, yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes, brocolli, and lots of gravy?! Remind you of Sunday dinner from days gone by? Everything in moderation for us Boomers. That includes red meat, alcohol, chocolate, and gummy bears! We can still "live it up"....once in a while. Cheers.
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

What's this all about, Dave?
ReplyDeleteThis a new blog....five days a week....on the many aspects of Baby Boomer lifestyles.
DeleteThings like exercise, health, travel, and socialization! I hope you enjoy......
This a new blog....five days a week....on the many aspects of Baby Boomer lifestyles.
DeleteThings like exercise, health, travel, and socialization! I hope you enjoy......