Today is your day Boomer! My wife just returned from a Vancouver Island visit to help care for a sick relative and it was very comforting for me to see her leave and return in my big truck. Yes, my half-ton truck is fully equipped with new snow tires, 4 sandbags, and four-wheel drive. She had no driving problems as she travelled through high mountain passes in snow, ice, and wind. The highways are also filled with big semi-trailer trucks who always seem to be mentioned in accidents! My point here is safety. Any driver in a truck is much safer than in a smaller vehicle....it just makes sense. You are surrounded by more heavy steel, you have a larger engine block in front of you, you have four-wheel drive if needed, and you have better visibility. The only issue is speed and I do see some truck drivers going too fast with a seemingly-false sense of security. How do I come to these conclusions? I am an experienced Boomer driver, I have common sense, I read the news every day and take note of accident trends. As well, my family was involved in a big black ice accident and we walked away with minimal injuries after our truck flipped 1 and 1/2 times! More on trucks in my blog tomorrow! Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog