Today is your day Boomer! Boating season is almost here and I know alot of Boomers have sailboats or powerboats....almost all ready to go! I also know that some of us are waiting for slightly warmer weather as a cool lake or ocean breeze can chill you to the bone. But I have another concern this year. It is boat traffic.....congestion on the water and difficulties getting your boat in and out of launching spots. Just like many other outdoor activities like camping and golf, COVID has pushed people outside in growing numbers.......no, in huge numbers! I heard a news story the other day that one cannot buy a new boat in Kelowna; there apparently is a two-year wait. Another horror story was a five-hour wait one day last summer just to get your boat out of the water after a nice day on an Okanagan lake. Now I am sure it won't be as bad as this picture of boating on a canal in Holland....but it makes me wonder, it makes me concerned.....as this COVID nightmare drags on. Chin up Boomers, and cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog