Today is your day Boomer! The current rage for Boomers who want more exercise seems to be electric bikes. And while I like the idea, me...myself and I, still prefer the old-fashioned mountain bike with no extra power. Great for the legs and great for the heart! But maybe you should look at this picture and consider my other vice....kayaking. I own two small recreational kayaks that are great for simple lake/ocean paddling, small rivers, and fishing. They are easy to carry and transport....I just slide them in and out of the back of my truck, and you can bring a spouse or friend. They are also way cheaper than electric bikes....ranging from about 350-1500 dollars. But I do recommend you pay a little more and get one with a good high, solid, adjustable back rest. Your back will thank you after about a half hour.....and whatever you do, I would not recommend the almost-backless warm water kayaks you see at resorts. As well, kayaking exercises different muscles and provides variety in your daily retirement activities....which most of us crave. Try it. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog