Today is your day Boomer! I am a proponent of facial hair. In fact, I have sported a moustache for about 40 years ever since my early twenties! It has only been shaved off twice...one of those times was a student-led cancer fundraiser when I was a teacher. I see the moustache as part of my identity, my look, my life.....and so do many other Boomers as portrayed in this picture. In fact, many of us take pride in what we look like as we get older and facial hair can bolster our self esteem! It can also hide newly-forming wrinkles, cut down on the amount of sun tan lotion one uses, keeps us warm on colder days, and blends in nicely with certain types of clothing accessories like touques! But more than anything, it means we don't have to shave every day...we can avoid that daily scraping of our skin to face the working world. So.....this means it is also a Boomer male expression of relaxation, retirement, and recreation. And we see more and more examples of incredible beards and moustaches during this pandemic! Keep groomin' and growin' Boomers, and cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog