Today is your day Boomer! And maybe, just maybe, this is your day or your summer to buy a boat. I mean a powerboat.....one with a big engine and room for family and friends. I live next to a huge lake, Okanagan Lake in BC's warm Interior and for many years we went without one. As a family, we went camping instead; then my kids got too old for that and wanted something else entertaining. So, I bought a used boat in good shape....and a wakeboard. No, a wake skate. I always get mixed up.....but my kids don't. All three of them, now in their 20's, still want lots of boat time, and, for me, that means family time! The three of them are coming to visit this summer and one main reason is the "boat". I also bring it to our summer cabin where they get more boat time....and they get to bring along their friends which is crucial to them. What an awesome idea for retirement! It is great for Boomer parents and grandparents, and......my wife and I can invite other couples out for a friendly swim, drink, and snack. Ahhhhh, I love Boomer life! Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog