Today is your day Boomer! Day #2 of my blog on powerboating will focus on little things I do to make my hobby more affordable. Speaking of money, you know what BOAT stands for, right? "Bring out another thousand!".....referring to dollars, on a regular basis. Yup....I can prove this as, already, I have two big boat repair bills this spring: one for 300$ and one for 700$. I am not kidding....boats are expensive, so you need a mechanic that you trust and one who knows your boat very well. I have one. Another way to keep costs down is to not moor your boat in a marina; yearly dues are thousands of dollars and you have to pull the boat out of water every year for hull cleaning. That is more money! Also, a marina will sell you inflated-price gas for about 2 dollars a litre; I fill-up at the local gas station for about 1.40$ per litre. It is a sizable difference in price. Finally, savings can be had in ways you use your boat. Obviously, if you bomb around at a high speed and wakeboard all day long, you will burn a ton of gas. Try a variety of speeds to satisfy different people on your boat and take lots of time to just sit on the water and relax. Swim, have a cool drink, talk, and just enjoy the solitude and boating experience. Many people go out at sunset and enjoy the views. So, have a great, low-cost, boating summer Boomers. Cheers!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog