Today is your day Boomer! I can't help it.....I have to listen to The Beatles music regularly. I grew up listening to John, Paul, George, and Ringo and I just can't stop. It is so simple, at times, and so varied with orchestral assistance in other songs. It has toe-tapping beats, memorable lyrics, and major hits galore. Just think: Love Me Do, Let It Be, Get Back, Rocky Racoon, Come Together, Here Comes The Sun, Eight Days A Week, Norweigan Wood....just to name a few songs. So, I ask, is there anything wrong with us Boomers NOT listening to modern music and focussing instead on the old stuff? Not a chance. It is our lives and we can make personal choices that help us stay happy. By the way.....if you can, go to a McCartney concert. It was, by far, the best concert of my life! Rock on Beatles and Boomers! Cheers.
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment