Today is your day Boomer! I have been noticing that many Boomers have expensive tools sitting around their workshops: table saws, impact drivers, and drills just name a few. I, too, have a few....I guess just enough to take on a major project like this one in the picture. Last spring during COVID, you could not buy a truck rack. Like so many things, they were completely sold out. So....I said to myself "why not build one?" A few YouTube videos and much thought led me to the building supply store where I purchased about 75 dollars of wood, screws, and nuts and bolts. A day and a half later, I was done...except for the varnishing, which came a few weeks after and from an old can in my workshop. Voila! A great-looking, sturdy rack that holds my two kayaks plus all my stuff underneath and allows me to continue to pull my travel trailer. Less than a hundred bucks and a great sense of accomplishment. I hope my two woodworking mentors, my Dad and grandfather, are proud. DIY Boomers. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog