Today is your day Boomer! I have three kids and yesterday was the ideal Fathers Day, except for one thing. My children, for the first time, were not with me "in-person". Let me lay out the day for you: the weather(mixed sun and cloud and not too hot) was perfect, I went for an early-morning boat ride with my wife, I watched a little US Open golf on TV, I did one DIY project fixing-up my old sawhorses, I went for a beach stroll/hike and threw fetching sticks into the lake for my dog, my wife and I went for DQ ice cream, and I had a virtual dinner, complete with presents, with my family. There they are in the picture! Don't they look awesome?! So, what's the big deal? I guess I just miss them alot and this Boomer retirement and COVID thing are keeping us apart. However......I am told one, or maybe all three, may come home for visits this summer. Hey, maybe we can REDO Fathers Day in July! Is that allowed? Boomers, cheers to family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog