Today is your day Boomer! I know these gentlemen are too young to be Boomers, but they could be just like us if we have a part-or-full-time job. Yes, many of us have spent numerous hours in the past 1 and 1/2 years at a desk in front of Zoom, Skype, Facetime, and Teams virtual meetings. I, myself, probably averaged around 10-15 hours per week. I made sure I shaved and had a nice collared shirt on, but often I wore shorts and sported bare feet at formal meetings. I also turned off my camera at key times to do "other things" which would not be appropriate at an in-person meeting. In other words, the virtual world gave us Boomers some more meeting flexibility. It also saved most organizations alot of money; for example, I usually get paid a per/kilometre gas travel rate for my job and there was no expense money paid for hotel, meals, and flights for annual conferences. Wow, that is big bucks saved! I like the virtual world, but still appreciate in-person gatherings more. And I welcome a return to a likely-new hybrid model in the post-COVID world. But can I still wear comfortable shorts to meetings please? Cheers to a new, flexible work world Boomers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog