Today is your day Boomer! June is a geat month for a Boomer guy like me. I mean I just celebrated a birthday and with three kids, Father's Day is coming up soon. But I didn't realize there were so many "other" days to recognize and celebrate (see picture) and many of them relate to Boomers. Just check out the list for this week: (1)VCR Day (wow.....we lived, ate, and breathed VCR tape recordings for so long Boomers!) (2) World Gin Day (nice, cold drink anyone?) (3)Best Friends Day
(I am headed out on my power boat with my best friend this morning!) (4) Visit Your Doctor Day (good advice for those Boomers who seem to think they are invincible and will never get sick!). At the very least, schedule an appointment. And the list goes on. Boomers, it looks like we can celebrate something almost every single day! And why not? We worked a long time, raised many children, and saved a lot of pennies. Enjoy life and happy retirement! Cheers.
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment