Today is your day Boomer! How lucky was I when my daughter came home this week! First of all, I hadn't seen her for months due to COVID rules and secondly, she wanted to celebrate Fathers's Day with me in July....not June. Naturally, I said yes. But the reason this is in my blog is that she wanted to celebrate in a different way. There would be no actual "present" this year (like a golf shirt) but day-long "activities" with her instead. So, we focused on three things: a beautiful boat ride/swim in the morning, wine tasting at three different wineries(including my favourite!) in the afternoon and a late afternoon appetizer cultural meal. Wow, what a great idea! It was all about the experience and it was so appreciated following a long period of so much isolation. Boomers, I know you get it. Time spent is way more important than money spent.....and we can do the same thing with our kids and grandchildren for their special days. Try it. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog