Today is your day Boomer! Who wants to talk hockey in the middle of summer? I do! And that's because there is a new hockey team in town.....I mean, close by, and that is the Seattle Kraken. The club is supposedly named after a sea monster which, if you believe the old stories, used to swim up and swallow whole sailing ships! Maybe the hockey Kraken will do the same to the Vancouver Canucks which struggled mightily last year and may be ripe for the taking. Afterall, the Canucks will be the main nearest rival for the Seattle team and the rivalry could become very heated like the one in soccer between the Whitecaps and Sounders. Whatever happens, it is healthy for the sport of hockey and already the Kraken have stolen one of the Canuck young players in Cole Lind. That happened in the expansion draft this week with more excitement to come tonight in the junior draft and then free agency! You can tell I like hockey, right? But I still will follow my number one team the most....the Boston Bruins, my fav since I was a little boy and Bobby Orr was the big star. So, I will never be a real Kraken fan....but I will watch with interest as they attempt to strangle other teams with their arms, gloves, and sticks. Hockey starts in October and many Boomers, like me, can't wait to "get Kraken!" Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog