Today is your day Boomer! Just because it is still summer doesn't mean you should not pay attention to the coming election in Canada. Today, I begin my process of learning about the local candidates and major issues. I am headed to a "meet-and-greet" with a local candidate who I may want to support with a vote on September 20. It is all about meeting local people and gaging concerns in our riding.....and my constituency is very large, so this candidate needs to track down all the diverse concerns across many kilometres. She is doing the right thing and so am I by engaging early in the process. Meanwhile, I have already started my own research on the different party platforms; I am monitoring social media and the news media for stories on current issues and the leaders, and I am thinking about what the future for Canada may look like. For example, global warming, child care, inclusion, and forest fires are concerns for me. Remember Boomers, we all have a reponsibility to be "informed" voters.....not just voters. Please start the process yourself; we only have one month. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog