Today is your day Boomer! And today is Labour Day.....sort of the last day of summer for many people as the kids head back to school tomorrow. But for many Boomers, like me, it is not a big deal. Many of us are retired or semi-retired and we may still be on holiday. For example, I write this blog from a VRBO on a Gulf Island off BC's coast and the plan today is to maybe hike, or kayak, or read, or go out for lunch, or go beachcombing. Last night, I had a hot tub on the sea patio facing the sunset and a halibut and chip dinner with wine at a local oceanside pub. So, you see by my picture that someone else will be doing my work for me tomorrow.....but I still have much respect for the "labour" force doing the actual work. They keep the economy buzzing along, they help pay for social services that we all access, they pay into two pensions that I take money from, and they tackle every day life with COVID hanging over their shoulder! So, I salute you "workers of the world" on this day of "Labour". Thanks for all you do and I hope you join us Boomers in retirement ASAP. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog