Today is your day Boomer! I didn't save a Thanksgiving turkey last night.....in fact, I ate parts of one and it wasn't even Thanksgiving! What's up with that? Well, my wife and I invited some neighbours over and had an early celebration....mostly because I put up a big fuss over our real Thanksgiving coming up in two weeks. That meal will not feature any meat whatsoever and is being organized by my vegetarian family members. So, it would have been my first ever Thanksgiving dinner without turkey; I did the math and it would be 63 straight years......assuming I did eat meat when I was even one year old! I think my wife took pity on me, but I can say it was a delicious bird with awesome roast veggies like squash, fresh homemade buns, lots of gravy, cranberry sauce, a nice rose wine, and apple/pear crisp for dessert! Do I feel spoiled? Yes. And some of my family may think I am too hung up on traditions. But I guess that is part of who I am, one of my Boomer traits, and advancing age. Oh well, I just love turkey! Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog