Today is your day Boomer! I don't know....I would think twice, maybe three or four times before submitting my name to be a politician these days. Our Prime Minister has been under constant verbal and physical assault during the current election campaign (ie. gravel throwing, death threats, and gender slurs against his wife). The mayor of Surrey was intentionally hit by a driver while out grocery shopping last weekend....he suffered a lasting leg injury. Other political figures have been harrassed and intimidated by COVID protestors(see picture!) and I know a local former mayor who was verbally threatened and had dead rats left on his driveway! Boomers, I tell you this because many of you like to run for office in your retired years, and I am currently in politics as well as an elected school trustee. It greatly worries me and I am afraid many quality potential candidates will be scared off by these new-normal acts of bullying. I hope not; you have lots to contribute to society. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog