Today is your day Boomer! Not many Boomers do this anymore.....that is, camping in a tent! When my wife and I travel BC in the summer months, we see alot of retirees in fancy motorhomes and trailers; we see very few in tents. It is the "been there, done that" philosophy and besides, many Boomers can now afford the more-expensive way of "glamping". But this week on Vancouver Island, we put our old tent back in use, and you know what, it was alright. Aside from a light rain shower and hard foamies to sleep on, it went pretty smoothly.....but we did have to pack up our truck with everything but the kitchen sink. Also, the tent instructions state setup is only 8 minutes; it took us half an hour! And thank goodness it didn't rain when we were packing up! But how about positives of tenting? I like that outdoor feeling of sleeping closer to nature. I like the lower camping fees. I like the lower gas costs associated with not towing a trailer and the lower BC ferry fees! I like the cool air keeping me refreshed at night. Boomers, I say try it again. Tenting may rejuvenate your camping experience! Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog