Today is your day Boomer! Hello Boomers, you may have noticed I have been away from the blogging world for about a week......on holiday, so to speak, from retirement. Hah! But what a trip it was to get to a remote Gulf Island just off the coast of Vancouver Island. It was a 16 hour journey on the Friday before Thanksgiving; it included two BC ferry rides, two short visits with family, and about 11 hours of driving! Wow, I was exhausted......but look at the picture! This is Gowlland Harbour Resort the next morning as the sun came out and my family gathered for the holiday. It was a very special spot(swimming and dancing sea otters is one example) and a family celebration of university graduation, wedding planning, and-of course-Thanksgiving! It was also my first-ever meatless Thanksgiving, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and it included a family hike to the top of the island. Awesome! Boomers, if you choose to do this type of trip on a long weekend....here are my three travel tips: (1)get a ferry reservation way ahead of time (2)expect long delays on the highways as traffic is heavy, and just plan plan for it (3)bring a good positive attitude and lots of food and drink for the car ride. Have a great trip......like me. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog