Today is your day Boomer! Many of you may know I am very dedicated to the game of basketball. I played in high school and then in my early twenties in mens league; then I coached for thirty years, including all three of my kids, and now I am a referee. So I think I have a little perspective on the coming NBA season and the Toronto Raptors. Canada's only NBA team won the championship a few years ago, but now has fallen on hard times....missing the playoffs last year and starting this season without its best player Pascal Siakam(injured!) The Raps also traded away their franchise player Kyle Lowry. So I watched them play earlier this week in an exhibition game and I have two ideas to help kickstart their rebuild: (1) go with a lineup of all young, gazelle-like, energized, long-armed, 6 foot 9 leapers and defenders who can fly like the wind....in other words, play a new brand of basketball, no big centre, no defined point guard, no tradional setup. (2) don't pay mega-salaries like the rest of the league does and stick with young, low-pay guys who are super motivated; it works for Tampa Bay in baseball! Failing all that, sign "Robert"....the guy in the picture and just pass it to him under the basket and he can score at will. Really? Really....let the games begin. Go Raps. Cheers to all you Ballin' Boomers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog