Today is your day Boomer! Think back, wayyyyyyy back Boomers. Was there a special teacher in your life that really made a difference in your future? Most of us would say a resounding YES and would be able to clearly talk about that influential someone! On this October 5 World Teacher's Day, that person of interest for me was simply "Mr. G"......a math teacher from my high school years that made learning fun and memorable. In fact, I hated math but he propelled me to many "A's" in the hardest subject in school and I even took calculus in university.....not afraid to because of the confidence he helped to build in me. He was also my school tennis and badminton coach helping me train to be better competitively and socially. I always looked forward to practices, which in itself is a huge compliment! Most importantly, Mr. G inspired me to become a high school teacher and basketball coach for thirty successful years and I still remain in the education system as an elected school trustee! Wow, this guy was BIG in my life! I salute you Mr. G on this special day and I am thinking about you. Boomers, maybe you could make a phone call or send an e-mail to that special teacher! Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog