Today is your day Boomer! I am a parent, husband, former school teacher, and current school trustee in British Columbia and I have been vaccinated twice. You should know this because of the stance that I have taken re: anti-vax protests. I was appalled when I saw the protestors come out in full force at Remembrance Day ceremonies last week in Kelowna and I was especially frustrated when it happened previously around numerous hospitals in BC, and a school in Salmon Arm! I do recognize a person's right to peacefully protest, but sometimes people just go too far. And now the BC Government is doing something about it; yesterday, John Horgan and Co. announced new legislation that would ban anti-vax protests around our schools, hospitals, and vaccination clinics. It would include a 20 metre, or 66 foot, bubble of no protest which will, in my opinion, greatly prevent harrassment and intimidation of our health care and education workers, and even kids. Taking the lead from the Quebec Government, the BC NDP has taken a bold step to make a stand for civility, human kindness, and common sense. Boomers, remember this come election time....and Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog