Today is your day Boomer! All this "bad news" is starting to get to me.....even news broadcasters are admitting that there is very little of the "good" news variety out there. Well, wrong in the weather front! These so-called "atmospheric rivers" are causing havoc on the west coast in B.C., but in the Okanagan Valley.....all is good. As I peer out my window this morning, it is already 12 degrees and the "river" has petered out in the interior rainshadow leaving us a glorious day ahead! Check out the picture which is the forecast for Summerland on December 1st. We are set to shatter the temperature record for warmth and many of us are going golfing, hiking, biking, and walking in the sunshine! Thank you climate gods. I guess it all depends on where you live. And this is not to take away from the flooding hardships people are dealing with in places like Abbotsford and Hope. But last summer, we suffered through heat domes and horrific forest fires and you didn't. Maybe it is our turn for a little weather relief. Boomers, enjoy your "good news" day and get outside! Cheers!
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...
Comments
Post a Comment