Today is your day Boomer! I would like to thank our family and friends for sending us holiday greetings this year. We get a variety of good wishes: a frozen pack of fresh fish, small canned food items, e-mail cards, social media greetings, and even paper cards. I do like the pictures integrated on the e-mail cards.....but I have to admit, I am still kind of partial to the old-fashioned snail mail variety(see picture). This card, from friends in Kelowna, featured a beautiful painting of a waterfall and numerous, seasonal-comical quips on our friendship and family lives. It was wonderful, and I appreciate the thought, time, and personal touch put into the card. Paper cards are mostly a thing of the past for many people; they are too costly(think postage), not really environmentally friendly, and a lot of work.....but I still like the concept. Boomers, perhaps another reminder of our "age" and attachment to many things "traditional". And, you know what, that is just fine! Happy holidays and cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog