Today is your day Boomer! We grew up with radio....with DJs, hit music, our favourite stations, and lots of commercials. For many Boomers, it was the only way we could get good, new music fast. Simply, it was part of our lives. And I have personal experience in this world because in my 20's, I briefly became a disc jockey....then switched to radio news and sports reporting for 8 years. But what about today? To quote The Buggles and their 1980 song, has "video killed the radio star"? No doubt about it. With the advent of older media like MTV and newer ones like YouTube....and the internet and social media in general, radio is somewhat of a lost art. It is still there, but how many of you know names of famous DJs and how many listen to radio on a regular basis? Some Boomers may still do....out of habit, but younger generations listen to speciality music sources like Spotify and Apple Music. They have choice of songs and no commercials. So, Boomers, is it time for us to revisit our past? I can tell you I still access radio that plays Boomer tunes from the 1970s, 80s, and 90s and I enjoy the variety of songs and humour. JACK-FM in Vancouver and BEACH-FM in Kelowna are my favs. Maybe, give it it a whirl...again. You might like it. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog