Today is your day Boomer! The Winter Olympics in China will not be the same.....it will likely be a watered-down version of the Games as at least one main feature will be absent. The NHL has announced that none of its players will attend, meaning the top players in the world will not be there! That means Connor McDavid of Canada(see picture) and Leon Draisaitl of Germmany, the top two in NHL scoring, cannot represent their nations. For other aging greats, like Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, and Patrice Bergeron, this would likely have been the last kick-at-the-cat in their Olympic lives. Too bad....so many great players will not entertain us; instead, expect lower-level professionals, college, and junior players. I will not watch, I just can't...and I am an avid hockey fan! What other sports are next: curling, figure skating, or maybe any event that is indoors?! We have COVID and fast-spreading Omicron to think about, and China and the International Olympic Committee.....please, think long and hard about shutting down the entire Games for one year like Japan recently did. Boomers, we all love the Olympics....but global health is more important, isn't it? Cheers...
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...
Omicron :(
ReplyDelete