Today is your day Boomer! You can disagree, of course, but it is pretty hard for me to say another breed of dog is better than a golden retriever. I base this on our family experience, as we now are on our third golden and online surveys around North America that have these dogs consistently ranked in the top three. Retrievers are extremely loyal, friendly, great with kids, and are often used as guide dogs, stress-reducing dogs, and senior care home animals. Ever met a vicious golden? I doubt it. Recently out walking my dog, I met a woman who had a three-year-old male golden who was named after his father. The Dad dog was "Butter" and the son was "Butterboy".....and it was so appropriate as this extremely-friendly dog melted right into my arms in seconds. I know another couple that has had 8 goldens over the years including a male and female named "Sonny and Cher". Love those names! It sure beats the old, traditional names like "Goldie". Not convinced? Read the picture and also consider a few negatives about goldens: they have genetic hip problems and you have to deal with excess hair in your house. Oh, excess licks, excess balls, chewy toys, and extreme affection. Sorry about that Boomers. I think a dog, like a retriever, would be an awesome addition to your retirement experience! Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog