Today is your day Boomer! I finally finished my broken rib physiotherapy this week and thought I would give you an update! Yes, remember that I broke three ribs and punctured a lung on the basketball court in early November? Well, I did it.....I am fully recovered now and ready for active life again! Most importantly, I went to physio every week for two months and did all my at-home stretching, weights, and exercises EVERY DAY! Wow....for me and, I think, most people that is quite an accomplishment. So.....to reward myself and to inspire me, about a month ago, I bought a new golf driver and got my old tennis racquet re-strung and handle re-wrapped! YES! I can play sports again this spring and maybe get out skiing and skating in the next few weeks. One thing, however, I noticed at the physio clinic. Most of the patients there were Boomers, including a tennis friend of mine getting his injured shoulder treated. What does that tell you Boomers? Maybe, we need to slow down a bit as we age....and not "overdo" our fitness and sports activities?! Good advice.....cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog