Today is your day Boomer! It was a little puzzling for me the other day when a group of people made me feel bad about wearing a mask in public. I was gathered with a small group of older men waiting for an event to happen when two men began to question and tease me. No one else was wearing a mask. I had to defend myself and remind them that COVID safety is a matter of "personal choice" and that the pandemic is still raging among us. Lots of people are still getting COVID; it's just not as serious as it used to be. A friend of mine missed a whole week of work just recently and didn't feel well at all. I remind everyone of the numbers; the World Health Organization reported this week that 15 million people died of COVID in 2020-21, we have experienced over a half billion cases worldwide, and the "estimates for a 24-month period (2020 and 2021) include a breakdown of excess mortality by age and sex. They confirm that the global death toll was higher for men than for women (57% male, 43% female) and higher among older adults". Well, that is me. As a Boomer, I am older and male and I am headed for heart surgery later in the year. Hey, get off my case about wearing a mask! And respect people's right of personal choice......cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog