Today is your day Boomer! Hello Boomers.....I know, I know, I went off-line about three months ago with nary a word. But if you know me personally, you'll know a terrible tragedy struck my family and I was in no mood to write. But now I am back....and I will try to inform and debate you on many Boomer issues in this crazy world. Today, I briefly look at Old Age Security in Canada and the 10% raise for age 75+ which takes effect this week. Yes....a raise! But, it is the first permanent raise in about 50 years and does not cover the age group 65-74, which-by the way-will be me as of next year. Do the math; add up inflation over the past 50 years and realize this small pension just doesn't meet the needs of your average low/middle income Boomer/senior. It is too "fixed" and should be tied to COLA, the increasing cost of living. Think of high prices like gas and groceries, and realize the possible impact. Government will say "too expensive", taxes will likely go up again, but I say it is worth it. Our seniors are valued members of society and deserve a better life. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog