Today is your day Boomer! Hi Boomers....headed out golfing today? It is a tough game, which gets even tougher if you try playing with a medical issue. Yes, as we get older we get injured more often and suffer from age-related issues like heart disease, cancer, and strokes. But this 65 year-old man is inspiring for all of us! Nananimo's Sandy Harper was hit by a stroke two years ago and recently his comeback featured a win at the BC Senior Mens Golf Championship! Harper told B.C. Golf that it’s affected his vision and hand-eye co-ordination and it’s been frustrating not to be able to hit certain shots with the ease that he could before. “If I didn’t play golf I don’t think I would have been as frustrated after having the stroke as I have been. Golf showed me that I am not the same person that I was in that regard,” Harper said. "But the flip side is the support you get from the golfing fraternity. That has been amazing.” Way to go Sandy! Your optimism, hard work, and support is motivating for all of us. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog