Today is your day Boomer! Many of you know I am a school trustee and my board watches over many schools in southern BC. But, I tell you, I wouldn't want to be a similar elected official in one county in North Carolina. Today they have annnounced that their six schools will be equipped with AR-15 automatic weapons this fall......locked in a school safe with ammo, just in case a shooter comes into their buildings! The justification comes from the recent school shooting in Uvalde, Texas where 19 kids and 2 teachers were killed. According to Sheriff Buddy Harwood: "I hate that we’ve come to a place in our nation where I’ve got to put a safe in our schools, and lock that safe up for my deputies to be able to acquire an AR-15. But, we can shut it off and say it won’t happen in Madison County, but we never know." Oh boy....imagine making that decision?! The American pro-gun lobby will be going crazy with joy today, while most Canadians, like me, just sit, wonder, and shake our heads at our neighbours to the south. Check out the picture....AR-15s coming to school soon, like apples, backpacks, computers, and basketballs. Cheers Boomers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog