Today is your day Boomer! Hello regular readers....I took a break from my blog recently to focus on my election campaign, and thanks to many of you I was successful! Thanks so much for the support and I applaude you for actually getting informed and voting! You are the minority....it is sad to say...because voter turnout last week was a pitiful 29% across BC. Summerland was high at 36%, but other centres like West Kelowna were under 20. As a civics-social studies teacher for thirty years, this scares me. Your local-municipal politicians make important decisions on things like housing, water, sewers, schools, parks, roads, and rec facilities....issues that have a BIG impact on our everyday lives, and yet less than 1/3 of eligible voters cast ballots. No excuses either....it was a beautiful, sunny day across the province and the voting stations were open for 12 hours. Plus, there were two chances for advance voting if you couldn't make Saturday. Boomers, as a generation, I know you are at the top end for voter participation. We need to continue to do our part and encourage/persuade other generations to get on the democracy train! It is what Canada is all about! I am back......cheers!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog