Today is your day Boomer! Most of my readers will now know that I recently spent a week in hospital recovering from heart valve surgery. Yesterday, I talked about the quality service I received at Kelowna General......today, I focus on the Boomers. There were 11 patients on my acute care ward, 10 men and 1 woman....and I bet, based on sight alone, most of them were grey-haired Boomer men like me. In there for a variety of heart-based surgeries like valves, bypasses, and stents. I talked to a few, because you do get to wander around the hallways, and most of them said they were there because they smoked, didn't eat or exercise properly, or they weren't proactive enough in dealing with their health. Some, like me, suffered from bad genetics. But....let me say it again. Boomers, in my small sample, are getting heart disease! Take note and take action. Get that long-awaited in-person checkup.....if you have a doctor. That's how my valve issue was discovered. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog