Today is your day Boomer! One month ago today, I lay in hospital in Kelowna getting heart valve surgery. Today, I am back....ready to attack life and write about more Boomer experiences and issues. But first, hats-off to the staff at the KGH Cardiac Ward who made my surgery both memorable and relatively smooth! Despite all the baloney you hear about our public health care system, these people were prepared, professional, and sympathetic. A cardiac ward, only open for about a decade, featured nurses, doctors, and other care providers who really knew what they doing. And today....at home and recuperating....I am still benefitting from their expertise! Thanks so much, especially to the nurses, who work under heavy-stress situations and must take care of 4-5 heart patients on 12-hour shifts. It is easy to see why so many get burned out. My new valve is working fine and I look forward to the next chapter in my new Boomer life. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog