Today is your day Boomer! You know Boomers, we get blamed for many of the world's problems....like global warming, war, poverty, and racism. And, in fact, we also get blamed for the over-commercialization of Chistmas. Afterall, we were born and raised during the growing period of affluence after World War II. So, Boomers, I say it is time to rid ourselves of all this guilt and enjoy the holiday season! And according to the website Playbuzz, here are 8 things Boomers love to do at Christmas time: (1)Watch an old Christmas movie like "It's a Wonderful Life" (2)Sing Christmas songs via karioke (3)Buy wrapping paper in bulk (4) Shovel the driveway even though there is only 1/2 inch snow on it (5)Wear an ugly Christmas sweater (6)Deck out the house with a zillion Xmas lights (7)Play Barry Manilow Christmas songs 10 hours a day (8)Talk to relatives about the benefits of CBD candies and cookies. There are actually 13 in the list, but some I couldn't understand or will just totally ignore! Baby Boomers, have fun and relax this holiday season and enjoy those Boomer traditions. Cheers!
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment