Today is your day Boomer! Another celebrity Boomer has passed away....this one, I admired a lot! It is Robbie Bachman of the Winnipeg-based rock band Bachman-Turner Overdrive....or BTO. Man, they had a number of great songs back in the '70s, like "Taking Care of Business" and "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"...but my all-time favourite (which I still regularly listen to!) is "Lookin' Out For #1". I love that song! Robbie's brother, Randy...also part of part of BTO, had this to say about his brother's passing: "Another sad departure. The pounding beat behind BTO, my little brother Robbie has joined Mum, Dad & brother Gary on the other side. Maybe Jeff Beck needs a drummer! He was an integral cog in our rock 'n' roll machine, and we rocked the world together." Boomers, maybe play a little BTO today to celebrate the memory of this great drummer and his band. Cheers to you Robbie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog