Today is your day Boomer! Ever heard the expression "go for it!" Boomers, according to author and pyschologist Noelle Nelson, this involves the three P's: passion, purpose, and positivity. Here is part of what she means on the website babyboomers.com: "How do you find your passion? You dream, daydream and fantasize about something you’d like to do. Often, it’s something you’ve admired in others, or always wanted to try but didn’t for various reasons. So, try! And if the first endeavor you attempt doesn’t ring your bell, no worries, try something else. Just be sure to stick with whatever your choice for at least a month or so, since it often takes a bit of actual doing before you find your groove. Purpose follows naturally on the heels of passion. You’ll find that the thing you love doing has built-in goals, and if not, they are easy enough for you to generate, once you get your passion in gear. Positivity is a must. If you are not naturally an optimistic individual, use affirmations to help you see your chosen activity in a more positive light. Remember the story of the little train making its way up a tall mountain? “I think I can I think I can I think I can” turns into a joyous “I can!” I like it! Sure fits in with the whole purpose of this blog. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog