Today is your day Boomer! Ready to retire Boomers? I have good news and bad news. According to a new study done by BMO, many Canadians plan to retire in their 60's and the average age goal is 62. Remember, your OAS kicks in at age 65 and you can get your CPP as early as 60. Now the bad news, most Canadians now think you will need 1.7 million dollars in investments to retire. That is up a whopping 20% since the last study two years ago. Of course, the current economic situation and high inflation are main reasons. But let's shift back to the good again. Caroline Dabu of BMO says that new number is likely too high: "certainly when we're working with clients, we find that many overestimate the number that they need to retire. It really does have to be taken at an individual level, because circumstances are very different ... But $1.7 million, I would say, is high." Hmmmm, whatever the number is, it keeps changing and I'm sure that is troubling to many Boomers thinking about retirement. All I know is that costs for practically everything keep going up and up...
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment