Today is your day Boomer! Ever do something just for the "experience"? For example, go for a walk to just enjoy nature, not for the fitness aspect? Take a Sunday drive to spend time with a loved one, and not for work? Play golf to spend time with your buddies, and not care about your score? I did this a few days ago as I wandered down to big blue Okanagan Lake(see picture!) My experience was not really about "catching" fish, it was more about getting out in the spring sunshine, enjoying the water and scenery, and walking along the lake. I also tested out my new spinning rod, but that was not my main purpose. If you don't understand "fishing", it is a mentally-healthy experience; it includes time well-spent by clear, blue water, watching birds, interacting with other interested people, breathing fresh air, and taking a little time for yourself. Just a little "me" time in this often-stressful world. No COVID concerns, no work thoughts, no family anxiety...just ahhhhhh. Boomers, I think we need to do this more often. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog