Today is your day Boomer! I entered my local community fitness centre yesterday and was NOT surprised to see many Boomers there. A nice mix of aging men and women working out, having fun, and recovering from surgery. I was there....still doing my post-heart surgery three-times-a-week workout when I encountered a Boomer woman fresh off knee surgery. She had started her workout with 30 minutes in the pool and then came limping into the fitness room with her personal trainer. Yes, she had hired a young man to help her recover as quickly as possible. That's determination! And the look on her face confirmed it....the pain, the dedication, and the will to follow a physiotherapy routine. And that is the biggest issue for people recovering from surgery like this; they wait so long for the procedure, but they sometimes get lazy and unmotivated to do the follow-up work to build strength, agility, and flexibility. It does take persistence...a lot of it! I say this as I head off to the gym for another 90 minute full-body physio session four months after my valve surgery. I have now golfed and played tennis three times and I have no sore muscles or joints. Boomers, I say it works! You don't necessarily need a personal trainer...you just need perseverence. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog